Lost Your House Keys?
(Door & Window Keys)
Randburg Locksmiths will be able to help if you have lost your keys and are locked out of the house, if your keys are lost, we can cut a new key immediately for any type of door or window lock.
You could be locked out of your house/flat and lost your front door or back door keys, or even just need some replacement UPVC window or door keys, had your keys stolen or been a victim of a burglary.
I've Lost My Only Set of House Keys
If you lose your only set of house keys that may contain either your front or back door key the following advice will help:
- Randburg Locksmiths can make you a new key without having the original, we can cut keys to lock by hand
- A locksmith can change & replace locks to keep you in compliance with BS3621
- In future, it's always safe to have a spare set of keys, so having your keys cut is an advisable thing to do.
Lost keys a locksmith can replace
- Lost Front or Back Door Key for home – cylinder & mortice locks – easy to replace
- Patio door key – very easy to replace
- Lost Garage Door Key – very easy & quick to replace
- uPVC Door and Windows – easy & quick to replace
- Safe keys – tricky to cut will require an expert key cutter
- Lost Keys to a restricted or suited lock – MLA Locksmiths can usually help or point you in the correct direction )
Note: If you have lost car keys you will need to contact Randburg Locksmiths Immediately
Help I've lost my front / back door keys
If you have lost your front or back doors key for your house, the solution is very simple. Randburg Locksmiths will:
- Help you gain entry to the property
- Change the lock for security preventions to eliminate the use of your old keys
- Cut keys for your new lock
Can a locksmith make a key without the original?
If it's a lost key a locksmith can make you a key without the original, as locksmiths can make keys to lock by hand. By using a blank and a file and the skills, they've developed over the years a locksmith can create a key from scratch without the need for an original key.
Should I change locks after losing house keys?
We will recommend you change your door locks if you lose your keys as a security prevention. Changing your locks after losing your keys will stop anyone from accessing your home who does not have permission to.
If you are having your locks changed then you may want to consider:
- Upgrading to higher security locks such as anti-snap
- Making sure your new locks meet insurance requirements
- Keying your locks alike – one key to work all locks
The price will depend on:
1. Your location
2. The time of day
3. Type of key you have lost – i.e mortice key, small Yale type key, security key etc..
For security reasons we will usually change the locks if you lost your keys.
For More Information Give Us A Call At Randburg Locksmiths Today!